Leaving a legacy does not require a large income or a vast estate. All that’s needed is the thoughtful intention to make a difference for generations to come.
The Seward Community Foundation (SCF) is an Affiliate of the Alaska Community Foundation (ACF), and donors can easily leave a legacy gift to support the communities of Seward and Moose Pass forever. Legacy donors can identify one or more of SCF’s endowment funds to leave their gift to or they can create a new Field of Interest or Unrestricted fund, advised by SCF.
When donors leave a legacy gift to SCF they join the Legacy Society for Alaska and become part of a community of like-minded individuals that discover uncommon opportunities to learn, connect, and share. It’s a simple, lasting gift to your community. You can:
- Make a gift to SCF in your will or trust.
- Designate SCF as a beneficiary of your retirement accounts or life insurance policy, which preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income taxes.
- Donate a paid‐up life insurance policy to SCF.
There are a variety of ways that we can work with legacy donors and our staff is available to help answer your legacy gift questions. You can also visit the Alaska Community Foundation’s Planned Giving page for more information.
The Advantages of a Planned Gift to a Fund of the Seward Community Foundation
Planned giving means that your assets remain untouched during your lifetime. Bequests are not payable until the time of death. Then, your planned gift lives on to benefit the whole community.
- Gifts may be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate after taxes and expenses, or a gift of real property, stocks, artwork or other valuables.
- Planned gifts reduce the taxable value of your estate because SCF is an Affiliate of ACF, a nonprofit organization.
- Designating SCF as a beneficiary of your retirement preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income tax.
The Legacy Society for Alaska is made up of philanthropic individuals across Alaska who dedicate part or all of their estate to the communities that they love. If you are considering a legacy gift to SCF and want to know more about the impact that we make in our communities of Seward and Moose Pass, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our local SCF Advisory Board.
You and the Rasmuson Foundation
Confirm your bequest to the Seward Community Foundation’s grantmaking endowment fund by sending in a completed Legacy Form and the Rasmuson Foundation will match 5% of the assessed value of the bequest gift NOW, capped at $5,000 per bequest.
What a great way to make an impact now to the causes you care about!
*If you have already included SCF in your estate planning, please contact us so we may recognize you as a member of the Legacy Society for Alaska.
Bequests can be made to:
The Alaska Community Foundation/Seward Community Foundation – Fund Name (i.e. Seward Community Foundation Fund)
EIN #92‐0155067, a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3)